Powered by WebAds

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Breaking unconfirmed report: 'Palestinians' shoot at border police in Gush Etzion area UPDATED

I should preface this by saying that the picture is from a terror attack on the Gush Etzion tunnel road in November 2003.

I have an unconfirmed report (someone who has a relative in the security forces in the area sent me an email) that a Border Police unit was shot at in Har Gilo a short while ago. The shots came from el-Wallaje he said. Gush Etzion is the area from which the three teenagers were kidnapped on Thursday night.

El-Wallaje is a 'safe' 'Palestinian' village that we are told to use when coming to Jerusalem from the Gush Etzion area if the tunnel is closed. The place gives me the creeps.

Once, I had to drive through there at midnight. I managed to get to the tunnel checkpoint, and protested to whomever was on duty that my car has no protection (i.e. my windows aren't even shatterproof). He asked where I came from and I told him one of the Jewish towns in Gush Etzion. His response was 'and until now you were driving in Switzerland'? Well, no. But I wasn't driving right through an Arab village either.... 

UPDATE 11:26 PM

Israel radio reported on its 11:00 news that an army unit was fired upon on the tunnel road near Wallaje Probably the same attack as this one. No one injured.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google